My Virtual Learning E-Portfolio

My Virtual Learning E-Portfolio

by Admin User -
Number of replies: 0

A new social feature has now been added to the site called My Virtual Learning E-Portfolio powered by Mahara. With My Virtual Learning E-Portfolio both students and teachers alike can create their own online portfolios which they can share with anyone on the internet. In these portfolios, students and teachers can;

• upload their files,
  • store notes,
  • create blogs,
  • create their own forums and discussions.

You will be allocated 100MB to create your own online webspace.

The Online E-Portfolio has a great social funtion as well. Both students and teachers can;

• create groups as you would on facebook (you can also set the criteria ny which people become members of your groups),
  • upload pictures
  • make comment on the profiles and pictures of others

• create and design your own online pages
  • embed media such as your youtube videos and other material.
  • publish your web creations to everyone on the internet.

Just as in Facebook, users will have a wall upon which they can post their thoughts, and they can write journals of their daily experiences. You can set whether others can see your publications and determine whether or not they can comment on it.

Eventhough this new facility is hosted on a different server, students and teachers do not need to log in a second time. To access your own Virtual Learning E-Portfolio click the link My Virtual Learning E-Porfolio under the heading Network Servers on the right side of the page. Try it out no. There you will also learn more about Virtual Learning E-Portfolio.